Reporting and Support

Winchester Student Union provides a wide range of opportunities, activities and events for all students across our Education, Welfare, Activities and Services Zones.

We aim to promote inclusion, participation and representation by creating safe spaces where you feel you belong, your voice can be heard, and positive change can be achieved through collective action.

It is our upmost priority that you feel safe engaging in Union activity and we are committed to tackling any hate crime, harassment, bullying or violence that occurs within the opportunities and events we provide.

Winchester Student Union has a zero-tolerance approach towards hate crimes and hate incidents, and holds the view that bullying and harassment is never okay. A hate crime is any crime that is motivated by hostility or prejudice based on race or ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual identity or gender identity.

There is support available for you if you have experienced or witnessed anything that made you feel uncomfortable or concerned you. This includes any activity in relation to initiation ceremonies, which are prohibited both on and off campus. At no point should you feel pressured to drink or to join in what others are doing if you don’t want to. If you are part of an activity group it is completely your choice whether you attend a social event.

We would always encourage you to report any incident because it can prevent similar things from happening to other people and it sends an important message about what behaviour is acceptable within the student community. It can also help us to understand the prevalence of hate crime, harassment, bullying or violence within Union and University activity.

  • You can make a report to the University of Winchester by emailing via your unimail account. 

  • University Security - urgent matters on campus out of hours. Call: 01962 827666.

  • You should call 999 if someone is in immediate danger, a crime is taking place or has just happened. In a non-emergency situation you can call 101 or report a crime online.